Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting Advice On Social Networking

More on readings assigned for my grad class involved advice on social networking, which again I find very relevant to teaching and expanding social networking within the classroom and school district.  One of the points made was being positive and encouraging, when it can be so easy to be negative and critical in such forums.
As a music educator, I have now set up several groups on Facebook for my different school ensembles.  On this site, I can share news, schedules, assignments and even share performance videos.  The one thing I do make sure is that, for example, when a student goes to a YouTube link of their performance, I make sure that the students or whoever they share such links with, cannot make comments.  These are not meant to be critiques or reviews.  Setting up such parameters also can put parents at ease and more willing to let their child be a part of this type of social networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment